Friday, August 17, 2012

Horse with No Name


Almost at the end of the course and I am "The Lonely Blogger"...what started as a wonderful creative journey has become the slow dredge up a dry desert sand hill.  I am the Lonely Blogger!  Five posts in and not one comment...I wonder if my words are out there swirling around in digital story land just words which in itself is a pretty SAD story.  I wonder what it takes to be a crazy blogger, or maybe a colorful blogger, or even that blogger who is "in the mix" stirring things up with political hearsay or just making some stranger they've never met from Japan laugh out loud (LOL!).

It isn't much fun sliding into home base without the cheering crowd.  One of the things that struck me about this digital storytelling class I'm taking is how many people are really out there trying to be heard.  The internet is crammed with pictures and links and stories - happy and sad, wonderful and boring.  Words and emotions SWIRLING around in digital story land. My voice becomes one of many and my words are lost like tiny grains of sand - swirling in that sand storm of creativity!  There is so much creativity out there it's hard to 'keep up', let alone stand out or do anything more than blend in!

They say that a good story is the perfect combination of words and pictures.  I think I'm learning on this journey that finding that combination is truly a challenge and that loving words alone isn't enough to make someone a writer, or a good "blogger"!   I think if I'm going to be a successful blogger I'm going to have to find my niche and work getting this horse a "name" and out of the dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Micheline! I really like your reflections upon th is journey. I have to start developing the habit of commenting on things I read.So many times I come across great blog posts, articles, etc which I truly love, but don't comment!
    So...you're not lonely! please keep on writing...it's an inspiration to me.
    Let's keep in touch even after this course is over... like when we want to start working out, they say it's easier if you start with a friend.
    So how about becoming blogging pals? ;-)

    ReplyDelete